Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I just don't understand...

Only moments ago... I was happily getting ready for bed here in my nice little dorm room. I had my pj's on, I was eating my cheesy bun.. and all was well in the world. But all was not to remain as such.. Oblivious to the atrocities that awaited me I opened up my e-mail account and was pleased to see some e-mails from some friends and family. In not one.. but two of those e-mails... did I discover a hello? Perhaps a "here's what I'm up to, how about you?" No...no. instead... there was only.. this..

"Hey everyone, how have you been? Here is a
serious notice for all the broke people out there or those who value their $$,
remember don't shoot themessenger because that is all I am. On the 1st of
november 2005 , we will have to pay for the use of our msn and email accounts
unless we send this message to at least 18 contacts on your contact list. It's
no joke if you don't believe me then go to the site ( www.msn.com ) and see
for yourself. Anyways once you've sent this message to at least 18
contacts , your msn man will become blue. Please copy and paste this message and
don't forward it because people won't take notice of it otherwise."
Now this is approximately the 7th and 8th time I've recieved these e-mails... I suppose these certain friends to be individuals of reasonable common sense. It was extremely dissapointing.
Here is what you need to know.. these e-mails are NOT TRUE... where do I even start??? When hotmail makes any changes, even the most miniscule, we all recieve those little hotmail e-mails updating us on what's new and fun, but yet they wouldn't inform us if they were doing something like this? Now come on..I am serious.. and I'm not even going to continue on with the argument, because of how painfully... painfully obvious it is.
I have never sent any of those zillions of e-mails claiming this exact thing, and I am still using my same hotmail account and not being charged anything. So next time you recieve an e-mail with one of these outrageous claims, just take a breath, build up your courage and click that delete button. The feeling of liberty that follows is exhilerating.. so please... just do it.. for my sake, and the sake of those you love. Thank you.

6 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger Brian Anthony said...

i agree, i hate forwards, whats worse than the "hotmail" ones, are the ones claiming that if you send this forward to everyone on your list, then aol will give 5 cents to a charity, or a sick kid. why doesn't the kid just get a job....sheesh.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger LBomb said...

And worse even than those are the ones that tell me that "If I don't send this message to all of my friends, it proves that I don't love Jesus". No. It proves that I'm not retarded.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger LBomb said...

Where's the next post?

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Brian Anthony said...

New Post Jen!!!!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger chelsey said...

you're so right.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

Ok, maybe you're not getting the message here. NEW POST.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home