Monday, June 06, 2005

Being honest

May 24/05

Hey guys,
I trust that your summer is going well, in good old Estevan things are pretty much as usual, which is reassuring… and annoying, all at the same time. J Anyway, I had no idea what I was going to write about for this devo cuz there’s been so much to think about lately. There’s been emotional meetings, theological debates with friends and some amazing sermons, oh the madness. I feel like there’s so much to work on and so much to be done, a zillion areas where I need to improve, but God brought up something to me that was pretty basic but so important.

I have come to really appreciate honest people. Real, true honesty is pretty hard to come by. During my time in the Philippines I really came to value just being honest in every area in life. Honest about how I’m feeling or what I think, honest about what’s really going on in life and seeing things for how they really are, and honesty in it’s entirety, rather than in selective bits and pieces. This was one area where I thought I was doing pretty good, but God brought to my mind areas where I still am not completely honest all the time, with Him, myself, or others. He usually jokes around with me when He brings stuff up, but this time He gave it to me pretty straight, which makes me realize even more what an important thing honesty is in life, cuz He was pretty serious. So ANYWAY… I want to keep this short,… I think this is something that’s relevant to all of us. So here’s my challenge for you and me. Let’s take the first step of being honest with ourselves about what areas we’re not being totally honest in, and the step of asking God what He thinks. We’ve all got areas where we know we need to be more truthful. AND THEN, go ahead and be honest, whether it’s being more honest with the people in your life, being more honest about what you’re thinking and feeling or who you are, or whatever else, I could go on. Even if it’s scary or embarrassing or someone else doesn’t like it, it’s definitely worth it to be able to know that by being real you’re proving your love and respect for Jesus, yourself and the people in your life. I’m a little nervous cuz being real is freaky sometimes, but I’ll let ya know how it goes. J
Luke 16:10 and 4:25 are simple verses but rocked me pretty good.
God Bless and Take care

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home